Published: Wednesday, 13th May 2020
We have processed more than 2,000 payments worth a total of over £22.4million for local firms who have applied to the Scottish Government’s Business Support Fund.
A total of 46 applications to the Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund have also been approved and the payments of £2,000 each processed.
Online application forms for both schemes are available.
Business Support Fund
The Business Support Fund provides one-off small business support grants of £10,000 or £25,000. The £10,000 grant is available to ratepayers of businesses located in a non-domestic property, with a rateable value of less than £18,000, which are:
- In receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS); or
- In receipt of Rural Relief; or
- Eligible for SBBS, but in receipt of Nursery Relief, Disabled Relief, Fresh Start, Business Growth Accelerator, Enterprise Area Relief, Discretionary Sports Relief or Charitable Rates Relief. Certain property uses are excluded.
The £25,000 one-off grant is available to the ratepayers of businesses in the retail, hospitality, leisure sectors operating in a premises with a rateable value of £18,001 or up to £51,000.
Second phase of scheme
As part of the second phase of the scheme ratepayers that hold one or more properties in the retail, hospitality, and leisure sector whose rateable values do not exceed £18,000 and whose cumulative rateable value is between £35,001 and £51,000 will now be eligible for a grant for each of their qualifying properties.
The Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund is for those who became self-employed on or after 6 April 2019 and has a range of other eligibility criteria.
Information and guidance
- We have further information along with links to other useful information and advice.
- A local helpline is also available - 01835 825600.
- More information on the wide range of support available for businesses is available from www.findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/coronavirus-advice and www.businesssupport.gov.uk
- A national helpline for Scottish businesses concerned about the impact of COVID-19 has been established. The helpline, 0300 303 0660, is open Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm.