Published: Wednesday, 18th March 2020
Following the Scottish Government’s Coronavirus advice to limit social contact, a decision has been made to reduce the opening hours of a number of Contact Centres, Library/Contact Centres and Social Work offices across the Scottish Borders from Thursday 19 March.
From Thursday 19 March until further notice, the following opening hours will be in operation:
Contact Centres and Library/Contact Centres
- Newtown St Boswells HQ – open as usual
- Hawick Contact Centre - 1pm-4pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm-3.45pm Fridays. Appointments available outwith these times.
- Jedburgh Library Contact Centre – Closed (appointments only)
- Kelso Library Contact Centre – 10am-12noon (appointments available outwith these times). Closed Wednesdays.
- Duns Library Contact Centre – 10am-12noon (appointments available outwith these times)
- Eyemouth Contact Centre – Closed (appointments only)
- Coldstream Library Contact Centre – Closed (appointments only)
- Innerleithen Library Contact Centre – Closed (appointments only)
- Peebles Contact Centre – 2pm-4pm (appointments available outwith these times)
- Galashiels Contact Centre – 2pm-4pm (appointments available outwith these times)
- Selkirk Contact Centre – Closed (appointments only)
Social work offices
- Abbotsford Road, Galashiels – 10am-12noon
- Rosetta Road, Peebles – 10am-12noon
- Community Hospital, Kelso – 10am-12noon (not Wednesdays)
- Newtown Street, Duns – 10am-12noon
The 0300 100 1800 Customer Advice and Support Service phone line will continue to operate as normal for customers.
Live Borders have provided an update on their services on their website.
Chief Executive, Tracey Logan
“The decision to reduce the opening hours of some key services follows guidance from the Scottish and UK governments, with the aim of mitigating the impact of Coronavirus.
“We recognise the importance of these services to the public and have retained opening hours in a number of our centres and offices, with appointments also available to book in advance.
“However, to minimise social contact, we would encourage residents who require to use one of our services to phone the 0300 100 1800 phone line or access our website.”
Further information and updates on Coronavirus and our response are available.