Published: Tuesday, 21st January 2020
The Health and Social Care Partnership is inviting communities to participate in the development and delivery of the five locality plans aligned to its Strategic Plan.
An initial meeting of each Locality Working Group (LWG) has been organised to give local communities the opportunity come along and find out how they could get involved.
- Teviot & Liddesdale, 28 January, Hawick Town Hall, 6.30-8pm
- Berwickshire, 30 January, Eyemouth Community Centre, 6.30-8pm
- Eildon, 4 February, Galashiels Volunteer Hall, 6.30-8pm
- Tweeddale, 5 February, Innerleithen Memorial Hall, 6.30-8pm
- Cheviot, 7 February, Kelso Tait Hall, 6.30-8pm
What the meetings will focus on
The aim of these first meetings will be to:
- agree draft terms of reference for each group
- agree proposed membership
- nominate a locality lead
- decide dates of future meeting dates.
The plan is for membership to be wide-ranging and ideally include local community members working together with staff and professionals from the statutory, voluntary and public sectors.
Each LWG will meet four times a year.
LWG leads will be members of the Partnership’s Strategic Planning Group and one will be nominated to be overall lead and sit on the Integration Joint Board.
Robert McCulloch-Graham, Chief Officer Health and Social Care
“Our LWGs provide the public and professionals with the framework to develop and deliver local actions that can make a real difference to local health and social care service delivery. They were instrumental in the creation of our locality plans, but they are now out of date and the actions for each locality, in particular, need review and development.
“The Partnership, supported by the Integration Joint Board, firmly believes that the LWGs give us a solid structure for effective locality working, and I would encourage anyone with an interest in health and social care services to come along to their local meeting and be part of the conversation.”
- If you have any queries, or would like more information, contact the Integration team online
- The Strategic Plan 2018-21 and current locality plans are available online
If you were unable to come along to one of the meetings but would still like to be involved, contact the Integration team online to give your feedback.