Published: Tuesday, 05th November 2019
The What Matters Hub provided by the Health and Social Care Partnership in Peebles is relocating to the Peebles Community Trust (former ex-Servicemen’s Club) at School Brae.
Their last session at the Council offices in Rosetta Road was 30 October but from 6 November the drop-in and appointments will be held:
- every Wednesday
- School Brae, Peebles EH45 8AT.
Find out more about social care and health services
What Matters Hubs offer drop-in sessions and appointments where people can meet with Partnership staff such as social workers and occupational therapists, as well as third sector representatives, to get advice about social care and health services and activities available in their local area.
- Information is available about ways that people can be supported to remain independent in their own homes, such as equipment and aids, transport or help at home. People can also find out what is happening locally that would enable them to take up a new interest, get some exercise, meet new people or take part in a volunteering opportunity.
- What Matters Hubs are supported on a regular basis by the British Red Cross. Information is also provided about organisations such as Borders Carers Centre, Alzheimer’s Scotland, Borders Independent Advocacy Service, Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland and the Domestic Abuse Service. Information about the Local Area Co-ordination Service for older adults and people with a learning disability or mental health issue is also available.
What Matters Hubs in Walkerburn and West Linton
Drop in sessions and appointments are also available at:
- Village Hall, Galashiels Road, Walkerburn EH43 6AE; last Monday of every month; 10am-1pm
- Village Centre, Raemartin Square, West Linton EH46 7ED; second Monday of every month; 10am-1pm.
They are also provided in Duns, Eyemouth, Galashiels, Hawick, Jedburgh, Kelso, Newcastleton and Newtown St Boswells.
Find out more
More information about the sessions and how to book an appointment is available:
- on our website
- from Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800.