Published: Friday, 10th August 2018
Our £2.6m resurfacing programme continues with works set to begin at the C41 Oxnam Road in Jedburgh this month.
Oxnam Road was identified as one of 32 key routes across the Borders requiring improvements, as part of a £2.6million resurfacing programme this year.
The programme is predominantly funded by an additional £1.8m investment announced as part of our budget in February 2018 to target road repairs across the region in 2018/19.
We have also committed to investing over £22m in roads and bridges over the next three years, with £79m planned investment over the next ten years.
A section of the road around the industrial estate will be closed for four days on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 August and Sunday 26 and Monday 27 August from 8am to 5pm each day. The road is fully open on Saturday 25 August.
Where possible, access will be provided for local businesses and residents of Rowan Road, with the diversion route for all others via the A68.
Local businesses and residents are being notified of the works via letter ahead of the closure.
Councillor Gordon Edgar, Executive Member for Roads and Infrastructure
“This is the latest resurfacing project the Council is taking forward as part of its programme, following high profile works at Earlston High Street and Scott Street in Galashiels which are both due to be completed on 10 August.
“As ever, we have tried to reduce the impact of the works by fully reopening Oxnam Road on Saturday 25 August but would advise motorists to give themselves some more time during the closure.”
Maps of the closure are available on our Flickr page.
The 32 roads being resurfaced this year as part of the £2.6m programme are:
• A6105 Chirnside Bridge
• D14/6 South Street, Gavinton
• D25/6 Crofts Road, Cockburnspath
• D26/6 Callander Place, Cockburnspath
• A697 East High Street, Greenlaw
• B6437 Main Street, Allanton
• B6438 West End, Reston
• B6461 Main Street, Leitholm
• B6355 Main Street, Ayton
• DC2/5 Cheviot Terrace, Coldstream
• B6401 High Street, Yetholm
• C41 Oxnam Road, Jedburgh
• C132 Jedburgh Road, Kelso
• DK58/4 Oakfield Court, Kelso
• A699 Greycrook
• C75 Chiefswood Road, Melrose
• A6105 High Street, Earlston
• C23 Scott Street, Galashiels
• DS69/2 The Valley, Selkirk
• DS72/2 Viewfield Park, Selkirk
• D18/5 Huntshaw Road/Gun Place, Earlston
Teviot and Liddesdale
• B6357 Under Burnmouth
• A698 Weensland Road, Hawick
• B6399 Bourtree Place, Hawick
• D7/3 Overhall Road, Hawick
• DH54/3 Ettrick Terrace, Hawick
• DH78/3 Howden Bank, Hawick
• A701 Romanno Bridge
• A701 Hallow Burn
• A72 High Street/Peebles Road, Innerleithen
• DP77/1 Kingsmeadows Gardens, Peebles
• D18/1 Caberston Road, Walkerburn