Published: Thursday, 09th August 2018
Our care company, SB Cares are holding a series of recruitment events during August and September
The company is keen to hear from people who are looking for a career caring for people in their local community.
Vacancies across a range of services include:
- home care
- residential care
- day support services for older people and people with a learning disability
The drop-in events are a chance for candidates to speak to staff from both SB Cares and our HR department:
- Thursday 23 August; Rutherford Square, Kelso (6-8pm)
- Friday 24 August; Lanark Lodge, Duns (5-7pm)
- Saturday 25 August; Saltgreens Residential Care Home, Eyemouth (10am-12noon)
- Monday 27 August; Focus Ability Centre, Galashiels (6-8pm)
- Tuesday 28 August; Jedburgh Day Service, Millfield, Jedburgh (6-8pm)
- Wednesday 29 August; Peebles Green Gardens (Victoria Park), (6-8pm)
- Thursday 30 August; Katharine Elliot Centre, Hawick (6-8pm)
- Tuesday 4 September; County Hotel, Selkirk (6-8pm)
Excellent terms and conditions include:
- a great salary
- up to 28 days annual leave
- generous pension contributions
- other staff benefits are available
Comprehensive training is also provided so previous experience is not essential.
Managing Director, Philip Barr
“Every day across the Borders our staff are working to deliver seamless, high quality care and support to our clients which we do in a variety of ways.
“More than 900 people are able to remain in their own home through our homecare service which makes an average of 15,000 visits per week. We also welcome 150 clients into our day services on a weekly basis and support another 150 with 24 hour care in our care homes. Through the provision of 45,500 pieces of equipment and monitoring of 1,750 individual personal alarms, we are able to support over 9,800 individuals to live more independently in their own homes.
“None of this would be possible without the dedication of our staff teams and our thanks go out to them for their continued support and hard work.
“What we are looking for from these events is to meet with people who are interested in joining our existing teams and being part of a dynamic and progressive organisation which is determined to build on its successes by continuing to expand and grow the services provided for the people of the Borders.
“I would encourage anyone who would like to make a difference in people’s lives, supporting people in their own communities across the Scottish Borders, to come along and speak to us about the opportunities and benefits we can provide.”
Operations Director, Lynne Crombie
“SB Cares can offer a great opportunity for anyone who would like to work in care, whether you are an experienced worker or have not thought about it before. We are really keen that as many people as possible take the time to come along to one of these recruitment events to speak to us and find out if this extremely rewarding career might be for them, with all the extensive training and development opportunities that are available.”
To find out more, visit the SB Cares website
People can also phone 01835 826700 if they would like an informal chat about the drop in sessions or working with SB Cares in general.
Information about current vacancies is available on the My Job Scotland website.