Published: Friday, 2nd March 2018
Alongside NHS Borders, we are providing guidance to residents who may require medical and/or Social Care assistance during the ongoing severe weather.
This includes an additional option set up specifically for the current emergency situation.
What is the advice?
- If you think that someone's life is at risk you should always phone 999 immediately.
- During normal surgery hours, you should contact your GP practice directly for advice.
- For urgent health advice out of hours please call NHS24 on 111.
- The above numbers have information from NHS Borders and ourselves, and will advise what action is required.
- If after using these options your health or care issue is urgent and you urgently require health, care or medical assistance, you can contact 0300 100 1800.
- For other NHS Borders departments, you can contact the normal NHS Borders number on 01896 826000. If you are unable to get through on this number, please call 0300 100 1800.
Due to the prolonged adverse weather, people are also asked to check on elderly or vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours, assisting wherever possible.
Anyone concerned about a person’s welfare should contact 0300 100 1800.
Anyone able to provide care for family or friends during the severe weather this week is asked to contact the client’s care provider directly, or failing that SB Cares on 01896 662701.
Tracey Logan, Chief Executive
“We have made the 0300 100 1800 number available to provide support to NHS Borders and also ensure that anybody with any concerns for the welfare of family, friends or neighbours can get in touch and our teams can assess what support may be required.
“While the Amber weather warning ends at 10am, there is a Yellow weather warning for snow in place after that and conditions will continue to be difficult for quite some time to come.”
- You can sign up to SB Alert for free
- Check our website for school closures and school transport cancellations
- Our Facebook page
- Our Twitter account
- Information on how we deal with winter and Frequently Asked Questions
- Advice on preparing for severe weather and how you can help others in the community
- Advice on preparing for severe weather and how you can help others in the community is available at www.readyscotland.org