Published: Wednesday, 21st February 2018
People across the Borders have until Wednesday (28 February) to back projects vying for a share of the Localities Bid Fund.
The new £500,000 fund has attracted around 5,500 online votes so far.
It comes as the voting deadline draws closer.
You have until Wednesday (28 February) to vote for the projects of your choice across five areas.
How much is up for grabs?
- In this first phase of the new fund people in Berwickshire are choosing between 10 projects with £45,000 up for grabs.
- In Cheviot three projects are battling it out for a share of £35,000.
- £60,000 is available in Eildon, where 17 projects are looking for support.
- Teviot and Liddesdale residents are deciding which of the 14 projects in their area deserve funding from a pot of £38,000.
- And 17 projects are competing for £30,000 in Tweeddale.
Councillor Sandy Aitchison, Executive Member for Neighbourhoods and Locality Services:
"We are really pleased that so many Borderers have already cast their votes but it's important those who haven't don't miss their opportunity. This is your chance to directly affect where funding is spent in your area."
How to vote
As well as voting online you can vote at a number of polling stations or request a voting form from us.
Voting opened on 1 February and closes at midnight on 28 February.
The successful projects will be announced next month.
Find out more about Localities Bid Fund.