Published: Monday, 18th December 2017
Members of the public are encouraged to check our website for changes to our services over the festive period.
- Information is available for contact centre opening hours during Christmas and New Year.
- Contact centres will be closed Saturday 23, Monday 25, Tuesday 26 and Saturday 30 December, as well as Monday 1 and Tuesday 2 January.
- Some contact centres will be closed on additional days during the holidays, with full details on the website.
- Households can find out if they are affected by waste and recycling collection changes by checking the postcode look-up facility, phoning 0300 100 1800, or checking local media adverts running throughout the holidays.
- All household waste and recycling and food waste collections on Monday 25 December and Monday 1 January will be cancelled with collections being brought forward, while commercial waste and recycling collections due on both days will be moved to Wednesday 27 December and Wednesday 3 January in all areas. Check local press adverts for full details.
- All seven community recycling centres will be closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 and 2 January. Community recycling centres will close at 4pm on 24 and 31 December.
- Easter Langlee landfill site and all waste transfer stations will be closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 and 2 January and open as usual at all other times.
- Christmas trees can be taken to any community recycling centre for composting, while bulky collections will be cancelled on 22 December and 5 January.
Council services will return to normal on Wednesday 3 January 2018.
Councillor Gordon Edgar, our Executive Member for Roads and Infrastructure, which includes waste and recycling services
“I would encourage the public to check our website ahead of Christmas and New Year, so they know how the services they use are affected by the holiday period.
“Anyone without access to a computer can phone 0300 100 1800 to find out the full details.”
Stock images are available at our Flickr page.
More information on our waste and recycling services are available.
Community recycling centre locations are available.
Contact Centre locations are available.