Published: Friday, 15th December 2017
Returning Officer Tracey Logan has confirmed arrangements for the by-election to be held in the Selkirkshire Ward, following the resignation of Councillor Michelle Ballantyne.
The by-election will take place on Thursday 22 February 2018.
The electronic count will take place the following day on Friday 23 February, starting at 10am in the Council Chamber at our headquarters in Newtown St Boswells.
- Publication of notice of election – not earlier than Thursday 4 January and not later than Monday 15 January
- Deadline for the delivery of nomination papers – not later than 4pm on Monday 22 January
- Deadline for withdrawals of nomination – not later than 4pm on Monday 22 January
- Publication of notice of poll – as soon as practicable after 4pm on Monday 22 January
- Deadline for notification of appointment of polling and counting agents – Thursday 15 February
- Polling day – Thursday 22 February (7am to 10pm)
- Count – Friday 23 February, starting at 10am.
To request a nomination pack please contact our elections team online or phone 01835 825005.