Published: Monday, 16th October 2017
We are looking for feedback on the report prepared in response to the consultation held about Jedburgh schools provision.
The consultation was held between 8 May and 18 June when views were sought on the following:
- to build a new Intergenerational Learning Campus in Jedburgh
- to close Howdenburn Primary School and Nursery
- to close Parkside Primary School and Nursery
- to close Jedburgh Grammar School
- to close Howdenburn Schoolhouse with its educational provision being transferred to the Intergenerational Learning Campus
- for P6 and P7 pupils from Ancrum Primary school to transition to the Intergenerational Learning Campus following the closure of Parkside Primary School
- that the primary and secondary catchment zones within Jedburgh be rezoned to the Intergenerational Learning Campus.
Response report on the consultation
A consultation report responding to the feedback received has now been prepared and is due to go before a meeting of the Council’s Executive on 7 November. It will then be presented to full Council.
In advance of these meetings, interested parties are being invited to consider the report and provide any additional views they may have.
The consultation period will run between 16 October and 6 November 2017.
Read the report
- An electronic copy of the report is available on our website
- Paper copies are available at Council Headquarters; Howdenburn Primary School and Nursery; Howdenburn Schoolhouse; Parkside Primary School and Nursery; Jedburgh Grammar School; Ancrum Primary School and Jedburgh Library
Have your say
Feedback can be made by:
- email to: email@example.com
- phone to Children and Young People’s Services on 01835 825080
- post to Jedburgh Schools Consultation, Children & Young People’s Services, Scottish Borders Council, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Melrose TD6 0SA.