Published: Tuesday, 18th July 2017
Eyemouth Wellbeing Week runs from 1-5 August with this year’s event offering an even bigger and more exciting programme than ever before.
Something for everyone
Building on the success of last year’s event, the planning group were keen to make sure they have included something for everyone. Activities on offer include:
- themed tea dance
- soup clubs
- a historic town walk
- ‘get active’ taster sessions
- a beach picnic
- a Make a Kindness pledge day
- a Being Well Blether
- workshops on writing and blogging for wellbeing
- an exhibition entitled ‘Unseen Eyemouth’ showcasing the creativity of people with mental health conditions
- a performance workshop by Scottish rapper and hip hop artist Loki.
The event is being co-ordinated by:
- our Local Area Co-ordination for Mental Health and Community Capacity Building teams
- Health in Mind’s Borders Navigator Service
- Connect (Berwickshire Youth Project)
- Berwickshire Housing Association
- Berwickshire Association for Voluntary Services
- NHS Borders Healthy Living Network
- Eyemouth Community Development Trust
- Live Borders
- Eyemouth Walk It
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- a team of local volunteers.
Funding for the event has also been received from the Integrated Care Fund, supported by the Health and Social Care Partnership.
Jo Highet from Borders Navigator Service
“Wellbeing Week is an excellent way of highlighting the variety of local activities on offer, encouraging discussion around mental health and exploring positive and fun ways to improve wellbeing.”
Councillor Tom Weatherston, Executive Member for Adult Social Care
“With such a wide range of meaningful, helpful and enjoyable activities on offer, I would encourage all East Berwickshire residents to have a good look at the programme and take every opportunity they can to participate and find out more about ways they can support their health and wellbeing.”
Get your programme
Programmes and booking forms will be available from a wide range of community venues or by contacting our Community Capacity Building team online. Bookings can also be made the Splash Facebook page or directly to their office in Harbour Road.