Published: Thursday, 16th March 2017
Selkirk residents are being encouraged to make the most of the range of activities taking place at the Philiphaugh Community Centre in Bannerfield.
From beginners IT classes to craft workshops and gentle exercise, there is something happening most days of the week which people are invited to come along and enjoy.
Activities on the spring programme
- Soup Central in the community café - a chance to enjoy a bowl of homemade soup, a scone and a chat. From 13 February on the first and third Monday of the month, 10am-1pm.
- Tea and Tablet – a six week course on how to use a tablet computer and get online. From Monday 20 February, 10am-12pm.
- PEEP drop-in sessions - a chance for parents and children to learn together. Every Monday from 20 February, from 1.30-2.30pm.
- Rag rugging craft workshop – fun classes for beginners and experts alike. Every Tuesday from 28 February for four weeks from 2-3pm. All materials provided.
- Gentle exercise for all ages and stages. Every Thursday from 16 February from 9.45-10am.
- Community café open for soup and scones. Every Thursday from 10.30am-1.30pm.
All classes are free, with donations welcomed for the soup and scones.
Amanda Domin, Chairwoman of the Philiphaugh Management Committee
“We have recently made a number of exciting new appointments to the Committee and are keen to see the Centre develop into a thriving facility that can cater for the needs of the local and wider Selkirkshire community. We have a good range of classes and activities currently on offer, however we are always looking for fresh ideas and welcome people’s suggestions to provide something new - please do get in touch.”
Donna Manson, Service Director Children and Young People
“This is a wonderful facility which local people are encouraged to make the most of, taking the chance to venture out into their community, meet new friends or catch up with existing ones, while maybe learning a new skill at the same time.”
Get in touch for more information
To find out more, contact our Community Learning and Development Team on 01750 20694.