LBF2 Voting Results
Thank you for your patience whilst the counting of public votes has been taking place. Please use the links below to see the results (by area/locality):
Localities Bid Fund
We have allocated a total of £500k to the Localities Bid Fund for the purpose of piloting participatory budgeting across the Scottish Borders.
This fund is split across the five area partnership areas and will support community projects and initiatives using participatory budgeting (public voting). The fund's aim is to achieve local priorities and benefit communities, by supporting community groups to fund ideas and projects which improve the lives of people living in the Scottish Borders.
The fund is also aligned to the themes of the Scottish Borders Community Planning Partnership's Community Plan and our Corporate Plan, and if applicable any locally identified priorities by your local Area Partnership.
Round two £296,241 - Basic details
- the Localities Bid Fund is split by area (locality):
- the bidding for Round two closed in February 2019
- an assessment panel met to assess the applications submitted and if the application successfully met the criteria then it would be put to a public vote with the other eligible bids
- applicants were notified as to whether their projects had or had not gone forward to the public vote in their respective area/locality
- the public vote took place between Thursday 16 May 2019 and Friday 7 June 2019 (with postal ballots to be returned by Friday 14 June)
- you could only vote if you lived in the Scottish Borders and were aged 16 years and over
- all votes were verified
- you had a mandatory number of votes to cast. The number of mandatory votes was dependent on the number of projects in your locality/area going forward to the public vote
Round one £203,759 - Summary
Find out who the successful projects were from round one.
A summary of the evaluation of round one is also available.
If you would like more information on any of the above please contact our Community Grants team online.