Localities Bid Fund (£500,000)
We have allocated a total of £500,000 to the Localities Bid Fund for the purpose of piloting participatory budgeting across the Scottish Borders.
This fund is split across the five Area Partnership areas and will support community projects and initiatives using participatory budgeting (public voting). The fund's aim is to achieve local priorities and benefit communities, by supporting community groups to fund ideas and projects which improve the lives of people living in the Scottish Borders.
The fund is also aligned to the themes of the Scottish Borders Community Planning Partnership's Community Plan and the Council's Corporate Plan, and if applicable any locally identified priorities by your local Area Partnership.
Round 2 (£296,241) - Basic details
- The Localities Bid Fund is split by area (locality):
- The fund closed for applications on Monday 1 October 2018
- An assessment panel will meet to assess the applications submitted and if the application successfully meets the criteria then it will be put to a public vote with the other eligible bids
- Applicants will be notified as to whether their projects have or have not gone forward to the public vote
- The public vote is planned to take place in November 2018 and is where local residents and communities vote on which ideas/projects should receive funding
- Pre-registration to vote will be required. Your postcode will determine which area you will be able to vote in for your favourite projects, in the following ways:
- in person at a Localities Bid Fund voting event
- by contacting us to get a ballot paper sent to you and returning your ballot paper back to us by freepost
Round 1 (£203,759) - Summary
Find out who the successful projects were from Round 1.
A summary of the evaluation of Round 1 is also available.
If you would like more information on any of the above please contact our Community Grants team online.