Localities Bid Fund (£500,000)
We have allocated a total of £500,000 to the Localities Bid Fund for the purpose of piloting participatory budgeting across the Scottish Borders.
This fund will be split across the five Locality Committee areas and will support community projects and initiatives using participatory budgeting (public voting). The fund's aim is to achieve local priorities and benefit communities, by supporting community groups to fund ideas and projects which improve the lives of people living in the Scottish Borders.
The fund is also aligned to the themes of the Community Plan, which has been prepared and published by the Scottish Borders Community Planning Partnership. This has a vision to improve the quality of life for all who live in the Borders, with a specific focus of reducing inequalities.
- Funding allocations to be agreed by Locality Committee
- The fund opens for applications on 15 October 2017 and closes at 3pm on Friday 1 December 2017
- An assessment panel will meet to assess the projects and if the application successfully meets the criteria then it will be put to a public vote along with the other eligible bids
- Voting will be facilitated by an online and postal voting system
- The public vote is where local residents and communities vote on which ideas/projects should receive funding
Who can apply?
- You can apply as long as you are over the age of 16 and live, work, volunteer or study in the Scottish Borders
- Both constituted and non-constituted groups
If you would like more information please contact our Community Grants team online.