This fund is derived through our ability to claim tax credit on the amount of waste sent to landfill each year. The money claimed requires to be passed to an approved body to benefit community or environmental projects. BCCF Environmental is the approved body for Scottish Borders, registered to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) who regulates the fund on behalf of Revenue Scotland.
Setting up your group
To be able to apply your group should:
- be fully constituted and non profit-making with a minimum of 3 members
- have a bank or building society account in the group's name
- have independently approved annual accounts (new groups should be able to provide a 12 month estimate of income and expenditure)
Landfill community project outcomes
The fund can offer grants for projects which:
- develop areas of land to assist economic, social or environmental use
- promote community based recycling, re-use or waste prevention
- provide, maintain or improve public parks or other public amenity
- conserve or promote biological diversity such as natural habitats, recovery of species, etc.
- maintain, repair or restore buildings, sites or structures of archaelogical interest
- provide financial, administration or other similar services for projects which are enrolled with an approved body
If you would like more information on how to apply, you should contact BCCF Environmental direct who will be able to assist you with an application.
The treasurer can be contacted at email@example.com