Please note this is suspended therefore we will not be accepting any applications for the time being. If your organisation has already submitted an application, we will be in touch to discuss further.
Our Community Fund provides support to voluntary and community groups that are active within their communities, and assistance to communities or interest groups with the development of community based projects.
The scheme is divided up between each of the five Area Partnerships (Berwickshire, Cheviot, Eildon, Teviot and Liddesdale and Tweeddale), with an amount set aside for Borders-wide projects.
- grants are available up to a maximum of £5k for non-constituted groups and £10k for constituted groups available
- in exceptional cases up to £30k for constituted groups
- a Fast Track application is available for funding requests of £1.5k or below
- decisions on funding requests of more than £1.5k are made at Area Partnership meetings
- 10 per cent organisational financial contribution required for requests of £500 and over
- applications need to be submitted well in advance of project start dates
- your group should also check other possible funding sources before applying e.g. National Lottery Community Fund
Group set up
To be able to apply for funding over £5k your group should:
- be fully constituted with a minimum of 3 members
- have a bank or building society account in the group's name
- have independently approved annual accounts (new groups should be able to provide a 12 month estimate of income and expenditure)
- be committed to equality for all
Your group's activities should benefit the well-being of the Borders people and your project should meet one of the following:
- communities have more access to better quality local services or activities (including arts, music, heritage or sports activities)
- communities have more access to a better quality environment (including the built environment)
- communities have more pride in their community
- communities have more access to better quality advice and information
- more local groups or services are better supported to recover from financial difficulty
Application form and guidance notes
Please ensure you have read the guidance notes before completing an application form:
- Community Fund application form (for projects requesting more than £1.5k)
- Fast Track application form (for projects requesting £1.5k or less)
If you would like more information please contact our Community Grants team.