New Build Relief ended on 31 March 2018.
New Build Relief is available for new build properties built in the five financial years beginning 1 April 2013.
Conditions to receive New Build Relief
The relief can be applied if all of the following circumstances are met for the property:
- the property is entered onto the Valuation Roll between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2018
- the property is unoccupied at the time of entry on the Valuation Roll
- the new entry is not as a result of a combination or division of existing entry on the Valuation Roll or due to the refurbishment or change of an existing entry on the Valuation Roll (including conversion of a Domestic property previously exempt from rating)
The exact level of relief awarded will depend on:
- the combined Rateable Value of all properties in Scotland of which your Business is in rateable occupation or (if vacant) which your Business is entitled to occupy
- whether or not the property is eligible for one of the existing Rate Relief schemes
- the level of other Public Sector assistance received by your Business (State Aid)