Theme 1 - Grow our economy and maximise the impact from the low carbon agenda
We are focused on building and developing a strong regional economy which will have a positive impact for the residents of both the Scottish Borders and Scotland. We also focus on the ways the Scottish Borders could benefit from the low carbon agenda.
We need to support:
- further diversification in the economy
- support opportunities for higher value employment
- encourage entrepreneurial activity and inward investment
- capitalise on our location
Making the most of the carbon agenda means taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves. We aim to grow our economy and improve the quality of life for our most deprived communities.
- Borders College
- Buccleuch Estates
- Historic Scotland
- NHS Borders
- Registered Social Landlords (Eildon Housing)
- Scottish Borders Housing Association
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Skills Development Scotland
- Third Sector
- Visit Scotland
Subgroups and partnerships feed into this theme and bring in other partners as required. For example:
- Borders Railway Partnership which is undertaking implementation, commuting and the wider economic impact of the railway.
- Land-use and Strategic Infrastructure Planning which brings Local Development Plan, housing supply, business land and premises.