Mental health and wellbeing support
Listed below is a range of resources that you can access that provide support. You can also speak to your GP who will be able to talk to you about other help that is available, including face to face support.
If you are experiencing mental or emotional difficulties and need someone to talk to immediately, there are a number of telephone helplines who can provide support.
- Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 or [email protected]
- Breathing space 0800 83 85 87
- Borderline 0800 027 4466
- Childline 0800 1111
- British sign language service
Self help websites
Web based cognitive behavioural therapy approaches provide an easily accessible and effective way to help you cope with negative thoughts.
- Moodjuice provides a range of resources to help you manage daily living.
- Living life a free cognitive behavioural therapy telephone service operated by NHS 24.
- Living Life to the Full offers free online courses covering low mood, stress and resiliency.
Other internet pages which provide useful ideas to help with low mood include:
- Mindfulness can help reduce stress and anxiety and is offered free of charge from the Mental Health foundation.
- Steps for stress provides hints and tips to help cope with and eliminate stress, including relaxation exercises.
Self help books
- A number of self help books are available to borrow from our libraries. Select 'my health' books in the Library catalogue for available titles.