Family support offers a range of services to help families and parents. We work to promote safe and healthy development and strong family relationships in partnership with:
- young people
Family support centres
There are six centres based in:
Each is staffed by family support workers and playleaders and offers a warm welcome to all families.
Family support services
The range of services provided includes:
- group-work programmes for parents and children, including topics such as Basic Parenting, Managing Tantrums, Play and Learn, and Healthy Eating
- after-school groups
- informal drop-in groups where parents can meet and share ideas
- good quality play activities for children
- an outreach service to parents and children in their own homes
- supervised contact/assessments for children in care and their families
- group-work programmes delivered in schools or other community bases
How do I access family support?
You can be referred to family support through your:
- health visitor
- social worker
- other support agency
You can also contact your local Integrated Children's Service office directly and ask about family support in your area.