What's on - 5-11 year olds
What’s on offer for 5-11 year olds?
Live Borders is offering its largest ever summer holiday offering, supported by Scottish Government Get into Summer funding. They have a varied programme from full week activity camps to one off workshops. All of their services (Active Communities, Libraries, Museums and Galleries, Heart of Hawick, and facilities) have offered fun filled activities that will keep children and young people motivated and inspired throughout the summer.
Multi Activity Camps
The popular activity camps are back for the summer. 18 camps across nine High School areas. Running from 9-5pm, sport and art collide for action packed fun through the holidays.
Please note that children must currently be in P1-7 in order to access Multi Activity Camps. Children currently in nursery are not eligible for these camps
For those wanting to concentrate on sport only, sports camps provide an opportunity for you to try a variety of sports with fantastic sports coaches
Sport specific sessions
Already found the sport for you? Sport specific sessions offer two hours of fun skills, drills and games in athletics, football or hockey.
Borders Additional Needs Group (Disability sport and arts camp)
The “pay what you can” sporting and creative arts camp will take place at Tweedbank and include workshop activities and sporting activities including:
- Disability cycling
- Creative arts and crafts workshops
- Sensory space
- Music and so much more
Duplo, Lego, science, arts and crafts, and the ever popular Zoo Lab!!. A host of activities delivered through the Live Borders library team.
Museums and Galleries programme
- A varied series of workshops including clay work, photography, Patterns from Nature, Start your engines, and Kaleidoscope making.
- Free family activity walking trails across all of our museums. Pop in and pick up a map through the summer holidays and get started.
As part of the Scottish Government Get into Summer funding, lunch will be provided free of charge to all participants at the following activities:
- Multi Activity Camps
- Sports Camps
- Borders Additional Needs Group Camp
Where Live Borders have a charge for activity, the checkout will also have the option to enter a discount code making the activity free of charge. Scottish Government Get into Summer funding supports discounted places for targeted low income families. Targeted families will be provided with a discount code via professional education/health staff or other groups working with targeted families.
Please note that Live Borders do not issue the discount code to any family under any circumstance
Out of School Care (OOSC)
Childcare is available for primary school aged children in out of school clubs across the Borders. Head teachers/ professionals should make referrals for children to access out of school care directly to the out of school care service.
Participating clubs and venues:
- Allsorts Childcare Centre - Duns PS
- Bright Start Border CIC - St Boswells PS
- Cheeky Monkeys - Wilton PS
- Coldstream Connect - Connect Youth
- Heriot Country Kids - Heriot PS
- Highway Day Nursery - Highway Day
- Jedburgh OOSC - Jedburgh Campus
- Lauder Out of School Club - Lauder PS
- School's Out Peebles - Drill Hall, Peebles
- Selkirk OOSC - Knowepark PS
- The Big Space - The Annexe, Melrose PS