SQA Childcare Unit National Level 4
Are you interested in a career in childcare? The Parental Employability Service (PES) is working with Borders College to deliver a series of free SQA Childcare Unit National level 4 courses to eligible parents.
Courses run throughout the year and are delivered online, usually taking place on a Thursday or Tuesday morning and lasting for up to nine weeks.
What will you learn?
You will learn about aspects of child development and the key milestones of development from pre-birth to 12 years. On successful completion of the unit you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development
- describe aspects of child development
- identify key milestones in the development of children for each aspect of development
- investigate aspects of child development
- prepare a plan to support the investigation of a selected aspect of development
- investigate the selected aspect of development
- present the findings of the investigation
- reflect upon the investigation
How will the course be delivered?
- the course will be delivered online through Microsoft Teams so you will need a suitable tablet or device where this can be accessed
- support can be provided to help parents access a device if required
- there is an expectation that students will spend a minimum of 1.5 hours self-study each week
- access will be provided to course materials on Moodle, the College’s virtual learning environment
- assessments will be ongoing and will be in the form of a booklet completed during class time
- on successful completion of the unit you will get an SQA certificate for the Child Development Unit at National Level 4
How do I apply?
For more information or to find out when the next course will be running, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about a career in childcare is available on the Childcare Careers Scotland website.