Armed Forces Personnel

You may be eligible for a 50% discount on Council Tax if your property has been left unoccupied as you now live in army accommodation. No discount is applicable where only part of the family has moved to the Army accommodation.

You must also be paying Contribution in Lieu of Council Tax (CILOCT) from your salary.

The following supporting documentation is required:

  • a copy of the payslip showing the CILOCT deduction
  • proof from the relevant body that the address is a service property

Download - Council Tax Discount Application Form