Disabled person

You may be able to get a reduction on your Council Tax if:

  • you, or an adult or child living with you, is permanently disabled and the property is their sole or main residence
  • the property contains at least one of the following:
    • a room (which is not a bathroom, kitchen or lavatory) which is mainly used by the disabled person
    • an additional bathroom or kitchen which is required for the disabled person
    • enough floor space to allow the use of a wheelchair

If you qualify, your property valuation band will drop by one band.


Download the application form for people with disabilities