Berwickshire covers the main towns and villages of:
- Eyemouth (3,540)
- Duns (2,722)
- Coldstream (1,867)
- Chirnside (1,426)
Other settlements in the area with a population of 500 or over are:
- Greenlaw (629)
- Ayton (573)
- Coldingham (549)
Berwickshire is the most rural of the five areas, with almost half the population living in settlements of less than 500 people or in isolated farms and hamlets.
Settlements with a population of less than 500 include:
In 2014 the total population of the area was estimated at 20,657.
How can you get involved?
Area partnerships are meetings designed to help you find out more about local services, and give you the chance to tell us what you think. Berwickshire Area Partnership is chaired by Councillor Jim Fullarton and meets five times a year across the Berwickshire area. For further information contact the Democratic Services Officer online or by phone on 01835 826503.
Discussion outputs from previous area partnership meetings:
- Economy, Skills and Learning (15 March 2018)
- Health, Care and Wellbeing (7 June 2018)
- Place (6 September 2018)
- Budget (6 December 2018)
There are 21 community councils in Berwickshire:
- Abbey St Bathans, Bonkyl and Preston
- Coldstream and District
- Edrom, Allanton and Whitsome
- Foulden, Mordington and Lamberton
- Gavinton, Fogo and Polwarth
- Gordon and Westruther
- Greenlaw and Hume
- Hutton and Paxton
- Leitholm, Eccles and Birgham
- Reston and Auchencrow
- St Abbs
- Swinton and Ladykirk
Our asset register for land and property in the Berwickshire area.
Find out about events and venues in your local area.
Berwickshire area facts and figures
Our Economy, Skills and Learning
- Economic Bulletin
- Town Centre Matrix
- Planning Research, such as retail surveys, town centre footfall
- Education Scotland Parent Zone, search by school
Our Health, Care and Wellbeing
- Asset Register details all of our land and assets in the area.