We are working in partnership with local bus and taxi operators to deliver a network of Demand Responsive Services for essential journeys.
These Demand Responsive Services are being made available to all members of the public who have no alternative means of transport to access shops and pharmacists for essentials including food and prescriptions, or those going to work at Borders General Hospital (BGH), local care homes and other key workers, who can’t make the journey using the bus.
Changes to on demand public transport booking system
Our online transport booking form is currently unavailable.
All bookings can currently be made via:
- email: PLACEtransport@scotborders.gov.uk - operational Monday to Friday from 8.45am-4pm
- phone: 01835 826753 - operational Monday to Friday from 8.45am-4pm
All phone and email bookings must be made by 4pm on the day before transport is required. All weekend/Monday travel must be requested by 4pm on the Friday before. However, we would encourage you to make contact as far in advance as possible to help us to efficiently schedule resources.
Please provide full details of requirements within the booking request, such as:
- full name
- contact phone number
- reason for travel
- dates transport required
- location for pick up and drop off
- time of pick up and drop off
Remaining public bus services
- Borders Buses - services to operate will be: 51, 60, 67, 70, H1/H2, X62, X95, 235, B1, 267 and 464. Borders Buses is also offering free travel for NHS staff. All they have to do is present their NHS card
- Peter Hogg - services still operating will be: 131 Jedburgh to Newcastle, Monday to Saturday only
- Telfords - 127 and 128 is operating on a demand responsive basis
- Travelsure - 236 is operating a reduced service between Eyemouth and Berwick
- Stagecoach - 100/101 is operating a Sunday Service
These services have reduced journeys with later start and earlier finishing times. For full timetable information, please check with the operator.
In order to maintain social distancing and manage usage all customers must pre-book their seat. In addition, specific journeys will be provided for key works and NHS staff traveling to the BGH.
Safety remains our number one priority and we urge all customers to listen to the government’s extremely important instruction and only travel if essential.