The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus and practice good respiratory and hand hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If handwashing facilities are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
A COVID-19 mobile testing unit operated by the military is visiting Netherdale Car Park, Galashiels on a rotational basis.
- 12-15 May
- 19-21 May
- 26-29 May
- 2-4 June
- 9-12 June
This facility provide tests for key workers who are self-isolating due to them or household members displaying symptoms.
Both key workers and their family members are eligible for testing.
Test slots can be booked online through the UK Government website.
Who can access testing
The following groups can access testing in Scotland, with those in Priority Group 1 able to access testing through existing NHS testing capacity:
- Priority Group 1: Health and social care workers, staff working in residential institutions and essential roles where service resilience is at risk.
- Priority Group 2: Essential workers in critical national infrastructure fundamental for safety and security, and life-line services.
- Priority Group 3: Staff directly involved in delivering other essential services.
- Priority Group 4: Staff involved in volunteering, or in nationally or locally significant industry important to economic sustainability and growth.