The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus and practice good respiratory and hand hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If handwashing facilities are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.