Transport arrangements for Peebles pupils
Latest update: 11am Monday 13 January
- As of Friday 10 January all transport arrangements will revert to normal timings. S1-S3 pupils will continue to be dropped off at Kingsmeadows and S4-S6 pupils will be taken on to the Bus D at the High School for study/exams. In the afternoon ALL pupils must catch their bus at Kingsmeadows Car Park. Shuttles will remain in place for pupils travelling to and from Kingsmeadows to Halyrude and Kingsland primary schools.
- All pupils are allowed to travel without an official bus pass and drivers have been asked not to check them
- S4-S6 pupils will be able to use their existing bus passes during prelim period on the scheduled Borders Buses services from 10-31 January between home and school within reasonable school hours. Bus travel for S1-S3 pupils remains unchanged with drop off and pick up from Kingsmeadow car park each day.
We appreciate the support and patience of parents and pupils with these arrangements during what is an extremely challenging and complex situation.
Existing entitled pupils
Travel arrangements for pupils currently entitled to bus travel:
- On arrival at Kingsmeadows Car Park S1-S3 pupils will alight and make their way to their designated sites within Peebles.
- S4-S6 pupils will remain on their current transport for onward transfer to the 'D' at Peebles High School
- Borders Buses are operating a shuttle between Kingsmeadows car park and Halyrude Primary school for S1-S3 pupils.
- Austin Travel are operating a shuttle between Kingsmeadows car park and Kingsland Primary school for S1-S3 pupils.
We are continuing to refine travel arrangments for pupils wherever possible, but if parents or carers have any queries, they should email [email protected]