Scottish Borders YOYP2018 Awards
The Scottish Borders YOYP2018 Awards (previously called the Inspire Awards) recognises dedicated and hard working young people who have achieved personally or who have contributed to help other young people and their communities in areas which support the #YOYP2018 aims objectives. Visit the Scottish Borders website to find out more about the Year of the Young people.
More details regarding this years awards ceremony and how to be part of the events management team will be posted here in June 2018.
Previous Inspire Awards Winners
The Inspire Awards event, in 2017, was held in the Galashiels Volunteer Hall in the Scottish Borders and is supported by staff from Scottish Borders Youth Voice.
The Inspire Award winners in 2017
- Music: Eryn Rae (16 years old, Jedburgh)
- Sport: Robbie Patterson (18, Eyemouth)
- The Arts: Lewis Teckkam (25, Hawick)
- Media: VOMO Radio
- Community: Still Developing (Selkirk)
- Voice of Young People: Cian Gullen (18, Hawick)
- Volunteering: Kira Renilson (17, Jedburgh)
- Overall Inspirational Young Person: David Chipakupaku (17, Hawick)
- Overall Inspirational Young Group: VOMO Disability Film
Inspire Awards Group 2017
This is a constituted group made up of young people aged 12 to 25 years with support from the Scottish Borders Youth Voice staff. The Board who oversees this group is elected each year from it's members. The young people lead on the planning and delivery of the ceremony and each year undertake an intensive events management training programme, covering a range of subjects such as presentation skills, communication skills, finance and budgeting, leadership and much more.