Selkirk CARS is promoting and developing a three year educational programme which runs from 2014 - 2017. Each year will have a theme:
- Year 1 (2014/15) - Origins of Selkirk & the Royal Burgh
- Year 2 (2015/16) - Literary & Creative Selkirk
- Year 3 (2016/17) - Industrial Heritage of Selkirk
The programme is being developed in conjunction with:
- community organisations
- interested individuals aimed at raising the awareness, understanding and enjoyment of Selkirk's rich heritage
What are the aims of the initiative?
The educational programme will adopt a 'living heritage' approach that aims to engage with all sections of the community. The programme aims to:
- use physical and digital methods
- seek opportunities to maximise national and international awareness of the town's history and heritage to both attract tourism and enhance visitor experience
This programme is under continual development and more details will be provided as they become available. For queries or to discuss potential project ideas please contact Selkirk CARS.