On 21 December the Scottish Government provided an update on new business support arrangements, including schemes to be administered by local authorities.
We are awaiting offer letters and guidance in relation to these funds from the Scottish Government prior to funds being distributed locally. However, it is anticipated that when the criteria is confirmed we will be able to approach eligible businesses directly to arrange payment at the earliest opportunity.
In the meantime, businesses are encouraged to visit the Find Business Support website for information on all available funds at this time.
- a national helpline for Scottish businesses concerned about the impact of COVID-19 is available
- the helpline, 0300 303 0660, is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
- a local helpline is available for businesses looking for support, 01835 825600. Please do not call this number to enquire about a grant application
The following links provide businesses with further information, advice and guidance:
- UK Government - a range of information is available on support for businesses
- Scottish Government (Find Business Support) - a wide variety of information on available support and guidance for businesses
- Business Gateway - a range of resources and links to information. Also webinars and online tutorials to help businesses
- Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce - information and useful links for local businesses
- VisitScotland - information, advice and useful links to support for businesses in the tourism and events sector
- SEPA - information for businesses where environmental regulations apply
- OSCR - information and advice for charities
- Creative Scotland - funding support available to those in the creative sector
- Ofcom - don't fall victim to a COVID-19 scam
- Health Protection Scotland - has produced guidance for non healthcare settings which may be useful for businesses
- Reinstating a Trade Waste contract - fill out this form when you want to recommence your Trade Waste Service