Eshiels Community Recycling Centre
The vehicle number plate access system has temporarily been reintroduced to Eshiels Community Recycling Centre.
- Eshiels recycling centre has been experiencing significant public use during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which is resulting in lengthy queues into the site
- the potential for stationary traffic waiting to access the site on the A72, which has a speed limit of 50mph at this location, presents a road safety risk
- therefore a decision has been made to reintroduce the odd and even vehicle number plate system at Eshiels as a temporary measure, while all options are considered for a more long-term solution
- the number plate system will not apply to large vans or trailers using the booking system at Eshiels but this will be reviewed
- the number plate system is not being reintroduced to any other recycling centre at this time
- motor oils not currently being accepted at Eshiels
How does this system work?
Examples of odd numbered plates
If your vehicle registration plate ends in an odd number, then you should access Eshiels recycling centre on an odd numbered day, for example Friday 9 October.
Examples of even number plates
If your vehicle registration plate ends in an even number, then you should access Eshiels recycling centre on an even numbered day, for example Saturday 10 October.