- Date: 14th January 2019
- Location: Health Centre, Deanfoot Road, West Lothian, EH46 7EX
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Free
What Matters Hub staff will be available in the Health Centre to offer advice and information.
What Matters Hubs are a chance to:
- meet with people from community groups and voluntary organisations across the Scottish Borders
- meet with our staff such as social workers and occupational therapists.
Benefits of What Matters hubs
- help you to get information and advice quickly to remain in your own home and get involved in your community
- help you find the support you need to stay independent, such as equipment, transport or help at home
- provide advice for carers about support available in your area
- provide information about what is happening in your local area and where you could meet new people
- provide information about volunteering opportunities
The Hubs are supported on a regular basis by the British Red Cross, with other providers such as Borders Carers Centre, Alzheimer’s Scotland, Borders Independent Advocacy Service, Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland, Community Capacity Building and the Domestic Abuse Service attending when they can. Information about the support they provide is also available from Health and Social Care or Red Cross staff who will signpost people to any of these services if they feel that would be helpful.
Regular drop-sessions are also available in Hawick, Peebles, Eyemouth, Duns, Kelso and Galashiels. Appointments are available across the Scottish Borders.
More information is available online or from Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800.