Scottish Government Coronavirus Business Support Fund
Grant support is available until 5pm on Friday 10 July 2020 to help business deal with the impact of COVID-19. The intention is to:
- Protect jobs
- Prevent business closure
- Promote economic recovery
Please see our Business FAQs before contacting us if you have any queries about applications/timescales/payments etc.
What support is available?
Small Business Support Grant (£10k)
1. A first time grant of £10k for small businesses, which on 17 March 2020 were:
- In receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) or Rural Relief, or
- Eligible for SBBS, but in receipt of either
- Nursery Relief
- Disabled Relief
- Fresh Start
- Business Growth Accelerator Relief
- Discretionary Sports Relief
- Enterprise Areas Relief
- Charitable Rates Relief
2. A £7.5k grant for additional properties which qualify under the above criteria.
3. An initial grant of £10k (£7.5k for subsequent qualifying properties) for business ratepayers with one or more Retail, Hospitality and Leisure (RHL) properties, where the individual rateable value of the qualifying RHL property for which the grant is being sought is under £18k and the cumulative rateable value of all the properties held (RHL and non-RHL) is between £35,001 and £500k.
4. A £10k grant for the tenants or occupiers of shared spaces, including but not limited to office space, incubators and industrial units if evidence is provided that they contribute to the rates liability for the property.
Retail, Hospitality, Leisure Support Grant (£25k)
- A first time grant of £25k for the business ratepayers of a property with a rateable value between £18,001 and £51k in the Retail, Hospitality, and Leisure sectors.
- An £18,750 grant for additional properties which qualify under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
Are self-catering accommodation and caravans eligible?
Self-catering accommodation and caravans are eligible for these grants if they:
- are a primary source of income for the ratepayer (one third or more), and
- were let out for 140 days or more in financial year 2019-20
More information, including the types of business who qualify, can be found on the Scottish Government website.
Are tenants/occupiers of shared spaces eligible?
Tenants/occupiers of shared spaces are eligible for these grants if on 17 March 2020:
- they were in occupation of the premises and have a valid, signed lease
- they employed one or more staff (not including the applicant, a partner or director in the business)
- the business is a partnership or company registered with Companies House, and
- you use a business bank account
- you have not previously received support from the UK or Scottish Government, including through any of the following schemes:
- Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF)
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF)
- Pivotal Enterprise Resilence Fund
- Creative, Tourism and Hospitality Enterprises Hardship Fund
- Newly Self-Employed Hardship Fund
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- Third Sector Resilience Fund
- the property is not listed as ineligible (more information is available on the form)
Applying for a grant
Applications for grants are open until 5pm on Friday 10 July 2020, and can be completed online.
When you complete the form you will need to upload a scanned bank statement or image of the nominated online account dated within three months.
If you can’t complete the application form online, please contact Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800.