Scottish Government Coronavirus Business Support Fund
Grant support is available until 31 March 2021 to help business deal with the impact of COVID-19. The intention is to:
- Protect jobs
- Prevent business closure
- Promote economic recovery
Please see our Business FAQs before contacting us if you have any queries about applications/timescales/payments etc.
What support is available?
Small Business Support Grant (£10k)
1. A first time grant of £10k for small businesses, which on 17 March 2020 were:
- In receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) or Rural Relief, or
- Eligible for SBBS, but in receipt of either
- Nursery Relief
- Disabled Relief
- Fresh Start
- Business Growth Accelerator Relief
- Discretionary Sports Relief
- Enterprise Areas Relief
- Charitable Rates Relief
2. A £7.5k grant for additional properties which qualify under the above criteria.
3. A first time grant of £10k (£7.5k for subsequent qualifying properties) for business ratepayers with Retail, Hospitality and Leisure properties, with individual rateable values under £18k but a cumulative rateable value between £35,001 and £51k.
Retail, Hospitality, Leisure Support Grant (£25k)
1. A first time grant of £25k for the business ratepayers of a property with a rateable value between £18,001 and £51k in the Retail, Hospitality, and Leisure sectors.
2. An £18,750 grant for additional properties which qualify under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
Are self-catering accommodation and caravans eligible?
Self-catering accommodation and caravans are eligible for these grants if they:
- are a primary source of income for the ratepayer (one third or more), and
- were let out for 140 days or more in financial year 2019-20
More information, including the types of business who qualify, can be found on the Scottish Government website.
Applying for a grant
Applications for grants are open until 31 March 2021, and can be completed online.
When you complete the form you will need to upload a scanned bank statement or image of the nominated online account dated within three months.
If you can’t complete the application form online, please contact Customer Advice and Support on 0300 100 1800.