Council warns drivers of hazardous conditions
Published on Wednesday 6th February 2013
Be aware of icy roads as further frost forecast.
Last updated 5pm, 6 February 2013
Although snow showers are easing, we are expecting a chilly night with frost developing. It should remain dry during Thursday morning.
- Our gritters left depots to pre-salt primary routes at 3pm and will check routes and footpaths from 6am tomorrow
- Despite gritting, snow and freezing temperatures are making driving conditions more difficult in some areas and it is imperative that drivers take extra care
- As always our priority is to maintain our primary network in the safest conditions possible, so while some secondary routes have been treated, many have not been
- We cannot over-emphasise that people should take extra care on the roads and drive to the prevailing conditions.
Read more about how we treat our roads.
Road work disruptions
Following delays due to severe weather conditions, work to reinstate the banking slip alongside the A7, South of Stow have been postponed.
Only when collections have been missed such as in extreme weather conditions will excess, bagged general waste be collected on the next scheduled collection. You can also report a missed bin collection. If you have any further questions please contact waste and recycling online.
How can you help?
- We are interacting with local communities so they can take measures to protect their areas.
- We would also appreciate our resilient communities checking on elderly and vulnerable neighbours.
- Through the Resilient Communities scheme, some areas already have set plans which can be implemented to cover these issues.