Housing Strategy Team
Address: Galashiels Area Office
Galashiels TD1 3AS
Tel: 01896 661 392
Fax: 01896 662 765
We have been involved in the production of the following strategies.
Local Housing Strategy
Our Local Housing Strategy provides:
- a background to the local housing system in the Borders
- an update on progress made in delivering the strategy since its inception in 2004
- an explanation of recent national and local developments that impact on Local Housing Strategy
- the strategic framework for the future development of the local housing system
- the key priorities for Local Housing Strategy for the next two years.
An update to the strategy was produced in 2008 which shows what progress has been made from April 2007-March 2008. It also sets out future objectives for the period April 2008-March 2009.
Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP)
This is the key document for targeting investment in affordable housing in the Scottish Borders. It was submitted to the Scottish Government's Housing and Investment Division (East) in November 2009. SHIP shows how affordable housing investment priorities set out in our Local Housing Strategy will be delivered in practice over the period 2010-2015. Overall, the plan aims to:
- improve longer term planning
- form the basis for more detailed planning and identify funding
- develop actions identified in Local Housing Strategy.
The Homelessness Strategy has been produced to help us address the serious problem of homelessness experienced in the area. It is based on consultation with customers and service providers, examination of relevant operational practice by us and our partners and review of relevant documentation. The Borders Health and Homeless Strategic Partnership oversee the homeless strategy's delivery and will report annually on its progress.
Private Sector Housing Interim Delivery Plan
The Private Sector Housing Interim Delivery Plan focuses on private housing sector in the Scottish Borders. This includes promoting and maintaining an accessible and high quality private housing sector that meets a diverse range of housing needs and preferences.
Tackling Poverty and Financial Inclusion Strategy
This strategy provides an overview of the situation regarding poverty and financial exclusion in the Scottish Borders and sets out what will be done to ensure that the needs of people in poverty and those who are financially excluded are met. Monitoring of the strategy's implementation will be overseen by the Strategic Partnership Against Poverty Group.
Find out more
For more information, contact the Housing Strategy team.