Financial Plans for 2015/16
Address: Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Melrose TD6 0SA
We agreed our 5 year revenue budget and 10 year capital plan on the 12 February 2015 to deliver our corporate priorities.
- The revenue budget will spend £254m on Council services in 2015/16 and £1.27 billion over the next five years.
- This balanced budget has managed to maintain most services with continuing financial pressures.
- The capital plan will invest £332m over the next 10 years.
- This sees significant additional investment in roads, schools, flood protection, community infrastructure, IT and regeneration projects.
- We consulted on our revenue budget through the budget simulator that we launched in October and agreed budget proposals for consultation in December.
- People asked for extra spending on things like schools, infrastructure and older people's services and that's exactly what we're proposing.
Find out what you said and how we responded.
Comments on the financial plans
If you have any comments on the Financial Plans you can: