Harestanes countryside visitor centre
Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre
Tel: 01835 830306
Harestanes email list
Join the Harestanes email list for regular emails covering special events, activities and exhibitions.
Harestanes events 2016
Set in beautiful countryside near Jedburgh and with a great outdoor play park, there's plenty to do at Harestanes, whatever the weather. From woodland walks to events and exhibitions there's always something new to discover. Take a look at some images of Harestanes.
Opening times 2016
- Open 10am - 5pm daily from Thursday 24 March - Monday 31 October 2016
- Admission is free
- Access routes and neighbouring craft businesses are open all year
Crafts businesses at Harestanes operate separately from the visitor centre and their opening times may differ.
There's plenty to do at Harestanes, whatever the weather.
Events and exhibitions
The 2016 events brochure is available to download.
Copies will be available to pick up at libraries, museums and tourist information centres from mid-March.
Walking and cycling
Discover the local countryside on foot and by bike. Harestanes is on St Cuthbert's Way, one of the country's most popular long-distance paths, just a day's walk from Melrose.
A network of quiet public roads provides a choice of options for cyclists, including the 4 Abbeys Route.
Planning a group visit, meeting or birthday party?
Hire our spacious courtyard room for meetings, training events, parties and group visits. Assistance available for school and nursery classes. Download an information sheet for details.
Free public wifi now available. Please ask for the weekly password at Reception.
Savour the delicious taste of freshly-ground FairTrade coffee and enjoy scones and delicious traybakes in our lovely café.
- Most of the visitor centre is on the ground floor and is wheelchair-accessible (only the first floor games room is not accessible).
- There is paved parking at the main door (button press to open).
- A courtesy wheelchair is available for indoor use.
- There is an induction loop for hearing-aid users in the Gallery.
Travel by bus
The nearest request stop for buses is the A68 / B6400 junction, 15 minutes' walk from Harestanes. Visit TravelineScotland for timetables.