Address: Council Headquarters Newtown St Boswells
Melrose TD6 0SA
Tel: 0300 100 1800
Bus services in the Scottish Borders are provided by a number of different operators, some by the operators directly and others under contract to us.
If you do not know the number of the bus service you want to use go to the Traveline Scotland website where all services are detailed.
Bus timetables and route information
Bus services operated by the Council are:
- Route 47 48 49 Hawick Town service
- Route 71 Hawick to Borders General Hospital
- Route 904 Coldstream - Duns
- Route 910 Bonchester Bridge - Hawick
- Route 911 912 Ettrick Valley Services
- Route 915 and 964 Eildon Explorer
- Route 979 Selkirk Town Service
- Route 983 Kelso - Sprouston
Details of other services in the area can be found by:
- visiting Traveline Scotland
- contacting us to request a hard copy
- visiting your local contact centre or library to pick up a copy
- visiting operators' websites
- viewing information panels at bus stops
Bus service review - your views
We are carrying out a review on certain Council funded bus services. Your views are sought by completing a bus service questionnaire (PDF) on how best to provide these bus services in the most cost effective manner whilst continuing to meet local needs; completed forms to be returned to Council HQ by Friday 10th January 2014.
- Hawick - BGH proposed Option Monday - Fridays 1113
- Hawick - BGH proposed Option A Saturdays 1113
- Hawick - BGH proposed Option B Saturdays 1113
- Kelso proposed Service 80 & 81 Option A 041113
- Kelso proposed Service 80 & 81 Option B 041113
Different types of bus services are:
- local bus services, where fares must be paid
- express coach services between Edinburgh and destinations in England
- school buses, some of which the public can travel on
- demand responsive services, which must be booked in advance.