Address: Council Headquarters Newtown St Boswells
Melrose TD6 0SA
Tel: 0300 100 1800
Public transport - bus services
Real time bus information
Bus services in the Scottish Borders are provided by a number of different operators, some by the operators directly and others under contract to us.
If you do not know the number of the bus service you want to use go to the Traveline Scotland website where all services are detailed.
Bus timetables and route information
Bus services operated by the Council are:
- Route 47 48 49 Hawick Town service
- Route 904 Coldstream - Duns
- Route 910 Bonchester Bridge - Hawick
- Route 911 912 Ettrick Valley Services
- Route 915 and 964 Eildon Explorer
- Route 979 Selkirk Town Service
- Route 80 902 983 - Kelso Area
- 91 Peebles-Broughton-Biggar and 93 Peebles - West Linton
- Route 71 Hawick to Borders General Hospital - This route will be withdrawn after operation on Friday 27th June 2014. Passengers travelling between Hawick and the BGH should use First service X95 between Hawick and Selkirk and First service 72 between Selkirk and the BGH. Bus times available from First customer services telephone 01324 602200 or see website www.firstborders.com.
Details of other services in the area can be found by:
- visiting Traveline Scotland
- contacting us to request a hard copy
- visiting your local contact centre or library to pick up a copy
- visiting operators' websites
- viewing information panels at bus stops
Different types of bus services are:
- local bus services, where fares must be paid
- express coach services between Edinburgh and destinations in England
- school buses, some of which the public can travel on
- demand responsive services, which must be booked in advance.