Scottish Borders Council

Halls and venues in the Scottish Borders

Halls and venues

Address: Council Headquarters Newtown St Boswells Melrose TD6 0SA

We have a large selection of halls and venues across the region for both public and commercial use.

  • The venues vary in size and accommodate many different events ranging from concerts and wedding receptions, to private parties and coffee mornings.
  • You can book an entire venue for several weeks or even a room for a business meeting.
  • Please note that we require at least 2 weeks notice prior to the date of your booking. Without this we cannot guarantee that we can facilitate your request.
  • Please make sure that you have the appropriate licence for the event you are holding.

Enquiries and booking

Our venues are not manned full time, for all enquiries and bookings please:

Monday-Thursday 08:45-17:00 and Friday 08:45-15:45

Please remember to state the name of the venue you are enquiring about.

Advertise your event

You can advertise your event as a free listing in What's On by either:

Music performances and recordings

Public events with performance or playback of music will require a permit from the Performing Rights Society (PRS) who collect fees towards royalty payments for composers.

If you already have a permit; please inform us at the time of booking our venue.

If you do not have a permit for PRS; this will be added to your booking and charged appropriately. It is up to you (the hirer) to let us know of any exemption.

See more information about PRS permits on the PRS for Music website.

In this section

  1. Halls and venues in the Scottish Borders (current page)
  2. Halls and venues hire charges


Scottish Borders Council

Council Headquarters Newtown St. Boswells Melrose TD6 0SA

Tel: 0300 100 1800


For more Contact Details


Find your nearest
Use your address Go
Borders area map Go